Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Brady Principle

The Brady Principle

I have a friend who appears comfortable in basically every situation known to man. I imagine him to be as comfortable in a conversation with a with a homeless man as he would be with the Queen of Scotland or perhaps with the most notorious criminal in North America. You basically can't rattle him. If that's not impressive enough..the Bradoman can wrangle his way into any venue without paying and get backstage without authorization at virtually any show. How does he do it? It's simple. He has an uncanny way of acting like he belongs and therefore.....he belongs.
Why am I telling you about Brado? I'm telling you because the Brady principle works. If you should find yourself in an uncomfortable or challenging situation, simply act like you are not uncomfortable. Act like it's natural and imagine that you belong... and you will.

1 comment:

  1. So true. And more people will notice you and look at you funny if you act uncomfortable, which will make you more uncomfortable. When Mike worked the hippie fest I acted like I belonged, and people were actually asking me to do things (like turn up someone's Mike, or adjust a pole).

    You have just reminded me I need to blog more!! I've not done one in weeks upon weeks.

    ReplyDelete